new job

First really full week on the new job has just ended. I am going to have my hands full dealing with some of the problems that are being faced by the people I am seeing. I kinda feel it is a disadvantage for me to be from out of town and not from that area. Since I don't know what area activities are going on. But, the good news is that we can use the YMCA whenever we want for free. The company I work with has some sort of agreement with them. There is also the seniors center, which I am planning to take someone to next Tuesday. Apparently, for a dollar and a quarter you can get lunch there if you are a senior.
Another slight disadvantage for me is that it has been 20 years since I got my psychology degree. So, I am having to learn about things like bi-polar disorder and other things all over again. I got a couple of books from the library to study regarding these problems. I am hoping if I work hard that I will be able to go full time with them in a matter of a month or two.
I finished my training in Raleigh on Wednesday. I am so glad I didn't do a residency in Raleigh. That would have been way too far to drive 5 times a week. The trainer spent some time talking about writing notes, which I found a little difficult last time. You have to write down basically what you did to help the person reach their goals. The same old statement applies like it did with the nurses at the hospital, "If you don't write it down, then it didn't happen."

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

The wise men Matthew 2

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes