New Church

I went to a Methodist church this morning that I had not tried so far. We live about 3 miles from this church. I don't have anything against the Methodist church, but for some reason just hadn't picked that one to go to. I got there late and a man helped me find the sanctuary. After the service I was greeted by at least 5 people. They told me there is an earlier service also that is more contemporary. I went to the traditional service.
I heard some of the same things I have been studying in the Bible study I am doing through Charles Stanley's ministry. The pastor talked some about the love of God and how it is unconditional, which is exactly what I read last night. It is amazing that God loves us knowing us as well as he does. I wonder why he isn't totally disgusted with what He sees.
I heard some other things that sounded alot like things I have said from the pulpit. Talking about how we are not just in church to be served, but to serve. I heard a little complaining also from the pastor about not everyone being on board about the playground that they are installing. He emphasized that the church is interested in working with children, which was encoruaging. Apparently they are having trouble getting enough nursery workers also, which happens in almost any church these days with children.

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes

The wise men Matthew 2