For whatever reason, I'm not feeling that great today.  I don't know if it is because I didn't sleep well or what.  I have been trying to keep to my commitments with my diet and losing some weight.  Maybe I am a little grumpy because of that.  Overall, I have now gone down about 12 units of insulin that I use to take that I don't need to take anymore.  Part of that is because I am not eating as much and part of it is because I am eating more healthy.  I've lost about 6 pounds so far.

    I am reminded of the fact also that there is plenty of positive things to focus on today even though my mood may not be great.  The next couple of days the sun is suppose to be out and it will be warm and sunny.  The kids are out of school for the next 5 days.  I have all the promises of God to rely on and to focus on.  God loves me and so does my family.  Lots of positive and not many negatives.  Even though my computer at work died and that put a dent in my schedule, I am getting a new one tomorrow, so that is a very short term problem.

    Sometimes I have trouble believing that God really does love me.  I think about all the stupid things I have done and it amazes me.  I also have trouble believing sometimes that God forgives me.  Maybe it is because I feel so reluctant to forgive at times.  But, then I remind myself of what it says in Isaiah, that God ways and thoughts are higher than mine as much as the heavens are higher than the earth.  There really is no comparison. 

   I am not sure why, but it seems when I am in a bad mood or not feeling well my thoughts don't naturally go to the truths of God or to my blessings.  Instead I am looking at the cup half empty.  Instead of complaining about the things that have gone wrong, I should be glad that I have a home and job and family to go to.  Especially on the week before Easter, when Jesus died and rose again.  There are plenty of things to feel good about and to focus on.  I am chosing to focus on my blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes

The wise men Matthew 2