The Heart of Worship

I was listening to Michael W.Smith's CD called "Worship" this morning.  It really has some beautiful songs on it.  The second song on the cd is called "The Heart of Worship".  But, the whole cd basically is about worship, prayer and experiencing the presence of God. 

The more I read the Bible and particularly the gospel, the more I wish I had lived during the times of Jesus and saw him for myself.  I would have loved to have heard him and heard what the disciples did not write down about what He said.  I would have loved to have seen Lazarus come out of the tomb.  I would have loved to have seen how Jesus related to people in everyday life.  Or to have taken a stroll with him around the Sea of Galilee. 

So many people want to make things complicated about religion and faith.  But, what it really comes down to is your personal relationship with Jesus.  We add things on to the gospel sometimes in sermons and books that aren't truly there.  Even pictures of Jesus aren't completely accurate.  He didn't probably have a long mane of hair.  The book of Isaiah describes Jesus as a "man of sorrows" and having no majesty or external beauty that would draw attention to him.  I would think though that there wasn't something about the soul and spirit of Jesus that set him apart. 

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes

The wise men Matthew 2