A Testimony

    As I look forward to 2014 and what it holds, I know that one big thing coming soon is the state licensing test to be a counselor in the state of North Carolina.  I sent in my registration two days ago and anticipate a possible test day around February 10 or so. I was hoping to do that in January and it is possible, although not likely that they could arrange that. To be honest, after taking three practice tests, this exam scares me to death.  I have committed myself to study every day until the test date and also to pray everyday until the test day.  I pray that God would help me to retain what I am studying and also to not be anxious or afraid.  Let me add,that I would appreciate your prayers for me as I prepare for this important exam.

     It reminds me of another test that I took years ago when I tried to get on as a employee of Capital One.  I had been a temporary employee there for about 20 months.  When I was initially called to take the position I was told it would be for 6 weeks.  But, they liked me and kept training me for new tasks and so I stayed much longer. I wanted to work there full time.  So, I called the 800 phone number they had and was invited to take a test, 3 different times.  Each time, I was not fast enough at it or accurate enough and so did not pass on to the interview stage.

    I think looking back on it that working at Capital One was my will, but God had bigger plans for me. I was getting frustrated because it was taking a lot time for those plans to work out and it seemed like there was a lot of down time while I waited.  And by nature I am not a patient person.  The most used part of my car is the brakes because I am impatient.  To be asked to wait is hard for me, but sometimes that is where we are with God.

    I have also learned that when God wants to open a door for you that He will and nobody can shut it.  And when God does not want a door open for you it is not in your best interest to try and force that door open.  God wants it closed for a reason.  I believe God has doors that he wants to open for me in 2014 that nobody can shut.  I believe God has more than proved that in the past.  God has shown himself faithful in his ability to care for me for and to bless me with favor and to provide for me.   God has opened doors that I could not possibly have opened by my own ability alone.   It reminds me of these verses

"Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find,knock, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it shall be opened." Matt 7:7-8, NASV,

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

The wise men Matthew 2

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes