Waiting on God

"My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold, I shall not be shaken."

       I've mentioned on this blog before, that I am a frequently in God's waiting room waiting for something to happen that I am praying for.  This is a pet peeve of mine that I am not a patient person and that I hate to wait time.  In fact, I might go one step further and say if it might be the easiest way to get on my nerves.  I sit there thinking of all the things I need to do and want to do and could be doing and it really bothers me.

       Maybe that is why I seem to have relearn this lesson over and over again is that I have been such a poor student at it.  One thing I have realized is that God's time and mine are not the same.  God is content to show up one time and not early.  God is content not to hurry.  God is not in a panic like I am.  God doesn't have tunnel vision like I sometimes do.  God sees the big picture while I am in my own little world and see only one little piece.  While my little piece might be important, I have to trust God that he does see the whole big picture and knows what is best.

      "Trust in the Lord with You all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him. And He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body, and refreshment to your bones."   Proverbs 3: 5-8

        One other thing is that I need to trust God when I do not see him at work.  Sometimes God is at work putting things into place even before we pray.  He knows what is going to happen even before the world began.  He knew what day you would pray and what you would say.  He knows what you would you would need before you did.  You have to realize your problem didn't surprise God.

        Also you have to trust God that sometimes advice comes from unexpected places.  I've sometimes had people who I didn't particularly like offer really good advice to me.  After considering what they had to say and getting over my first reaction to them I had to admit that what they said sounded good.  God doesn't play favorites.  Sometimes good advice can come from unexpected places if your open to it.  It doesn't always have to come from the pulpit.  I can remember when I worked retail back in 1992, I got turned down for a job offer in South Carolina that I really wanted.  A lady named Betty who I worked with saw that I was depressed and walked up to me and said "Where is your faith?" and shocked me.  But, she was right.  God closed that door for a reason.

       Also, sometimes God delays in answering a prayer because he has sometimes different in mine all together.  He wants us to spend more time in prayer about it.  I've had times when I had to spend more time in prayer about it and my desire changes over time.  By the time the door finally did open I no longer wanted to walk through it.  I saw the opportunity in a different light or another opportunity became available.  Sometimes when we get into a rush we can be making a big mistake.  God wants us to slow down and think about it before we make a mistake we will regret later.   I've had those experiences with jobs where one job looked good and then when it became available I didn't want it because I learned something about it that made me realize it was a bad decision.



   

        

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

The wise men Matthew 2

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes