No

     So, I am trying to lose a few pounds and get my blood sugar under better control.  In the process of doing that, I am also going to they gym and working out.  I've gone 6 weeks so far and lost about 7 pounds.  It is difficult!  Especially the first two weeks or so I thought I might die.  But, now I actually look forward to it.  The hard part for me now is eating right.  It is so easy to eat something, especially as a snack that is unhealthy.

    Yesterday, we had someone bring some snacks to work.  Some of my favorite all time chocolate bars "Crunch" bars and Kit Kats and stuff like that along with a lot of bread and stuff.  I had to walk past that all day long.  I thought to myself, "Why is it that saying no to yourself is so easy in some cases and so hard in others."  "No" seems to be the first word every child learns as they learn to assert their indpendence.  But, saying "no" and practicing some self-discipline at times seems to be about the hardest thing I have to do.

    After saying "no" once or twice, I find myself thinking up ways I can try and justify eating one or two candy bars.  I might say to myself "Well, I'll just work harder when I get to the gym today."  Or something like that.  In other words, I am already thinking of a way to compromise.  But, don't we do that alot with things?  Isn't that the first hook that usually trips people up, that trips me up.  I try to find a way to eat what I want and lose weight to.  

   Practicing that self-discipline, especially when nobody is watching is a tough thing.  I am still stumbling around at times and having some difficulties.  But, overall doing better than I was. . .

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes

The wise men Matthew 2