More Favorite Verses

     Just wanted to share a few more of my favorite verses and some that are meaningful to me especially.

"My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him.  He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.   On God my salvation and my glory rest; The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God."  Psalm 62:5-7

      I have a difficult time with waiting.  I once told someone that I thought hell is waiting room where your number is never called.  I would rather do anything than wait.  Sometimes that has gotten me into trouble.  Sometimes, when I have done what I could, I simply need to sit back and trust God.  Maybe I am in God's waiting room so much because I don't learn that lesson and need reminders. 

   "For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.  As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us."  Psalm 103:11-12

      I like this because it reminds us of how unlimited the love of God is.  The heavens are infinitely higher and greater than the earth.  The same is true for God's love.  Just as east and west never meet our sin is separated from us forever because of what God has done.

"Lift up your eyes on high and see who has created these stars, The one who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of his power not one of them is missing."  Isaiah 40:26 and    "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength.  They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."  Isaiah 40:31

     The entire chapter of Isaiah 40 is about the greatness of God.  In verse 26, it tells us that God leads and has named all of the stars.  We can't even count that high and God has them all named and leads them across the sky.  I like verse 31 because it tells me that there is strength in my faith that will be renewing.  I think we all need that at times.  I know that I do.

   "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:33

   This verse is in a paragraph about worry from verses 25-34.  The Lord was telling us that our priority as His was is His kingdom and things that are eternal.  To trust God to be able to take care of us and not to walk in worry.  I need to be reminded of this daily because I tend to worry a lot.

     "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able; but with the temptation will provide a way of escape; that you may be able to endure it."  1 Corinthians 10:13

    Paul gives us this verse in a discussion about learning from the mistakes of Israel when they grumbled and doubted God and were destroyed.  God provides a way for us to escape temptation or overcome it.  God is faithful to do this.  I cannot blame God if I give in to temptation. 

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes

The wise men Matthew 2