Pastor attacked and assistant injuried

         I usually don't post thoughts like this, but I was thinking that this could just as easily of been me in the church on a Thursday afternoon.  On different days it has been when I was a pastor.  Some maniac broke into or somehow attacked this pastor Clint Dobson and his assistant Judy Elliott.  They are saying now that robbery may have been a motive.  The pastor is now dead and the assistant is (at the time of writing this) fighting for her life. 

       It just seems sad that a man who is trying to just do some good for his community can't sit in his own church and work and feel safe.  It reminds me of a time when I was in West Virginia and I found a man who was in one of our Sunday School rooms.  I think he was just looking for a place to sleep on a quiet afternoon.  It was unnerving because I was alone in the church at the time or at least I had thought I was.

          My prayers go out to this church and the survivors of this tragedy.

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes

The wise men Matthew 2