Tired today. . . .

   I am not sure what is the matter with me lately.  I had two issues at work with clients that needed to be resolved as soon as possible.  They really have been wearing on my mind.  I prayed about it on the way to work today because one of these issues was rsolved yesterday, yet another had to be resolved soon.  I was anxious because I didn't see a way to resolve the issues except to bring all parties to the table to try and hash out an answer.

   We met for about an hour and a half this morning and the issue has been resolved, at least I  hope it has been.  We will continue to monitor the situation.  I came home and took a nap because I felt physically beat down after 3 hours of CFT meetings in less than a day (Child and Family Team Meetings).  Not to mention that though I have been working in mental health for about 3.5 years now, out of home placements are not my specialty.  At least I do not yet have the experience with it that I do with some other situations.  That's okay, but it is an area that I am growing in and learning about.

   But, the fatigue that I have felt is not new.  And it is not related to my diabetes as some who know me might assume.  My blood sugars have actually been really good.  I can only describe it as feeling like I need spiritual renewal and refreshment.  The fatigue really isn't physical, but it feels spiritual and emotional. 

   So, I am trying to spend more time in prayer and in the Word and in meditation.  And I am grateful that my prayer this morning was answered and the issue is resolved.  I'm glad that I don't have to feel at my best or at my closest to God for him to  hear me.  I just need to have the faith that though he may be silent he is still concerned about what I am going through.

   Thank God that He answers prayers and hears us when we cry out to Him.

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes

The wise men Matthew 2