With Your Cross

      As I was driving down the interstate today, I saw a commercial bus that has the motto "Travel with the Cross".   I thought about what this motto means and what it means as a believer to "travel with the cross".  It reminded me of scripture where Jesus told his disciples to take up their cross and follow him.  In a word, it means "surrender".  Surrender my will over his, my time over his timing, my goals over his goals for me.  The cross signifies surrender and also sacrifice.

    When we talk about sacrifice, I think of giving things up, but when we talk about sacrifice for Christ we should remember it is in order to gain what Christ has to give us.  If our hands are full of our own goals and desires then they are too full to grab a hold of what he wants for us.  We have to trust God that He is indeed good and knows what is best for us. I think that is the true issue, is one of trust.  Do I trust God enough to let go?

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes

The wise men Matthew 2