Going to church

     As many of you know, I have been struggling with my relationship with the church.  I want to have a connection with God's people.  I also want to have a strong relationship with God and to feel his presence in church.  The problem is, that often I don't feel His presence there.  Often I come out of the service just as tired as I was when I entered.  I'm asking myself these days what do I need from church and how will I know when I have finally found my church home?

     We went to a church this morning and the pastor said that he had been in that church about 3-4 weeks.  He was very excited and you could tell that he was still in the "honeymoon" period where things were going well and things are new.  I hope that he keeps his enthusiasm.  I hope also that the church stays behind him.  He seemed to say that, for him, he experienced God's presence in the service, which was billed as a "healing prayer" service.  I'm glad that he had an encounter that was meaningful to him.  I felt mainly distance and like an outsider.

     Having said that I believe that God does heal.  One of the verses that was read that I was thinking about was James 5:16 which says "confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much."   It can accomplish much, because that person is praying by faith.  And with faith, we know that God can move mountains.

    

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

The wise men Matthew 2

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes