My prayer this Holy Week

     I'm in the middle of wrestling with God over a number of things.  I want to post this prayer as a confession and prayer to God for Holy Week.

     God, I don't understand other people much of the time.  I have felt both frustrated and confused over other people and their problems.  I feel misunderstood and confused much of the time.  Your voice seems only one of many clamoring to get my attention.  I am often distracted and too busy for you.   I seem to love to dwell on who has hurt me and my wounded pride at times.  Help me to move past these things.  Help me to crowd out all the other voices and distractions that keep me from hearing You.

     God forgive me for not loving as I should.  For not giving you all of my attention.  I thank you for being patient with me.  For loving and forgiving and having mercy on a soul that seems so dark and confused.  I can fool other people, but I cannot fool you.  You silently wait for me to come to You.  You wait for me to be silent and still and ready to receive what you want to give me.

      Forgive me for dwelling on past hurts.  For being absorbed in petty issues and to ignore the big ones.  I get so offended when someone hurts me not realizing how much I have hurt you.   Thank you for not treating me as I deserve.  Help me Lord to forgive others the way you do.  Help me to love others the way you do.  Help me dear God to die to self as I should and take up my cross and follow you.  I have followed my own ways too often, for too long and it has gotten really old.

     Thank you for this week of Easter, where a grave stands empty in Jerusalem.  Thank you for being willing to suffer and die and rise again that I might live for you.  I pray for my family and friends that don't yet understand this.  I pray for those who do, but like me are too much of a hurry to notice the empty tomb.  We crawl like ants when you want us to soar like eagles.   God help me to remember who I am in you.

In Jesus Name, Amen

Jeff

Popular posts from this blog

Some thoughts about the church in Corinth

Introduction and chapter 1 of 1 John notes

The wise men Matthew 2